|Children's books never go out of style.|
Image credit: Pexels
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers simple. -Dr. Seuss
Children's books are a joy to read. As a mother, it's simply a wonder to go back to the stories I grew up with as my child is now starting his own journey in the inspiring world of books and literature. Oh, the nostalgia of an era that was. When children played, rode their bicycles, and had their assortment of books to read. I used to go to the public library with my mother and she allowed me to check out as many books as I could carry. And as I brush through at the limitless number of children's books online, I decided to compile a list of quotes from children's books that can inspire at all ages and quotes that teach us the fundamentals of life and love which in turn can be adapted to everyday life as we know it.
1. "It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become. Take every chance. Drop every fear."
2. "Life's too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." -Dr.Seuss
4. " Courage, dear heart."
- C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the
5. "The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid.
-L. Frank Braum, The Wonderful
Wizard of Oz
6. " Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the Don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me..Anything can happen, child. ANYTHING CAN BE.
-Shel Silverstein, Where the
7. "A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference."
-A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
9. "A person who has good thoughts can not be ugly. If you have good thoughts, they will shine out on your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
-Roald Dahl, The Twits
10. "Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life, if you will sacrifice everything else for it."
-J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
11. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."
-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
12."Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
13. "Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more...to give way to the happiness of the person you love."
-A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
|Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia.|
Image credit: Pixabay
14. "For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what sort of person you are."
-C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew
15. "It doesn't happen all at once," he said. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are REAL, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose joints and very shabby. But these things doesn't matter at all, because once you are REAL you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
-Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit
16. "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you."
-A.A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
18. "No ACT of KINDNESS, no matter how SMALL, is ever wasted."
-Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse
19. "Today you are YOU, that is TRUER than true. There is NO ONE alive who is YOUER than YOU."
21. "You must never feel badly about making mistakes...as long as you take the trouble to learn from them. For you often learn more by being wrong for the right reasons than you do by being right for the wrong reasons."
-Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
22. "There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
" I feel this is right or
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, no preacher, parent,
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you-just listen to
The voice that speaks inside."
-Shel Silverstein, Falling Up
23. "Don't give up. I believe in you all. A person's a person. No matter how small."
-Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who
24. "When you think things are bad,
When you feel sour and blue,
When you start to get mad...
You should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
Some people are much more...
Oh, ever so much more...
Oh, muchly, much-much more
Unlucky than you!
-Dr. Seuss, Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are
25. "A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
26. "When someone is crying, of course the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them."
-Lemony Snicket, A Series of Unfortunate Events
27. "Keep all your promises, don't take what doesn't belong to you, and always look after those less fortunate than yourself, and you'll do well in the world."
-Rebecca Rupp, The Dragon of Lonely Island
28. "You're off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so... Get on your way!"
-Dr. Seuss, Oh The Places To Go
29. "There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part,
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start."
-Shel Silverstein, Everything On It
31. I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here on the bottom, we too should have rights. - Yertle the Turtle, Dr. Seuss
32. How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
- Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
33. We didn't realize we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun. -Winnie the Pooh
34. Piglet: " How do you spell love? Pooh: You don't spell it- you feel it." - Winnie the Pooh
35. If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. - Winnie the Pooh
36. Don't cry because it's over, SMILE because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
38. "Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh
39.Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not. - Dr. Seuss
*according to research, the quote was misattributed to Dr. Seuss. It was said to be the reply of Bernard Baruch. (Wikipedia)